Monday 30 November 2009

Day 5: Bridport

Ok, well, so much for a day a day!

Day 5 was a well earned rest day, and a chance to explore the lovely town of Bridport in Dorset!

All our bikes had taken a bit of a bashing with the weather and hills, and Jason at Bspoke bikes on the High Street, saved our bacon when another bike shop let us down last minute about doing the repairs and tune ups! Not generally a fan of endorsing things, but here I will! If you're in Bridport and need your bike fixed, or you want to hire a bike, go visit them! www.bspokeonline.co.uk

We did exciting things like laundry, and spent hours in the local coffee shop planning routes and camp sites for the rest of the journey.

We were joined by Oscar's parents, Trees and Kym who offered some moral support and chipped in for a rather fabulous BBQ - which took place to musical accompaniment!

I also managed to hook up with a local SGI Buddhist member, which meant I could go and chant in someone's house, instead of hiding in the van or as I went along on my bike! Maybe at some point I'll do a blog about my Buddhist faith, but not here! If you want to find out more, take a look at: www.sgi-uk.org

Will do some more updates as soon as I get a second! x

No comments:

Post a Comment